The Utility Discount Program (UDP) offers eligible customers a 60% discount on their Seattle City Light bill and a 50% discount on their Seattle Public Utilities bill. UDP is available for income-qualified residential households.
To be eligible for the Utility Discount Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are the homeowner or renter; if a landlord pays all utilities, qualifying low-income tenants may still be eligible for utility financial help.
- You have a Seattle City Light and/or Seattle Public Utilities bill in your name.
- As of June 1, 2017, Social Security recipients may deduct their Medicare Part B premium payments from their total household (gross) income to qualify for the Utility Discount Program.
- Your total household income in the one-month period prior to applying does not exceed the gross income, as shown in the table at right:
- NOTE: Gross income is based on 70% of the state’s median income. Refer to the program application for any additional eligibility requirements.
- Complete the UDP online enrollment form.
- Your application will be reviewed and processed by UDP.
- If your application meets the eligibility requirements below, your household will be enrolled in UDP.
- Please note that the discount may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your bill.
If you have questions about enrolling in the program or would like assistance, please call (206) 684-0268.